Pages

Thursday 27 August 2015

A bit of this and that

Before I begin my computer or most likely me has a glitch!

After the pictures of the sewing there is a large gap before more text.  I have spent ages to no avail trying to delete this space, so please bear with me and keep going... I haven't just  stopped in mid air.....sorry


Where have the summer holidays gone? I love having my little ones home, I love watching them play, amuse themselves and us, they both have such a great sense of humour ( often to me and DH's expense it seems !!!!) we seem to have time to chat lots which it seems we do less when they are back at school...and grow of course, my they both seem a couple of inches taller and little man's trousers from last term prove that!

 The craft room is still in progress.  Now at least I know in principal where everything is so no more duplication buying for sometime which I have been guilty of previously.

My dining room was being used as my make do craft room, but now I have been emptying that too and it has been so easy being able to put that stuff straight away..yippee..a light at the end of the tunnel. We may just may have a dining room used for dining by the weekend..now that would be progress.

I soon have to get my Halloween swap sorted.  I have found the patterns (another yippee), but decisions, decisions which one to choose.  I have got some new Halloween fabric which I showed you last time as I haven,t had any before. So I just need to get cracking as I take the swap pledge very seriously and don,t ever want to let someone down.






My kids love Halloween,
I think they just love the costumes 
And the little party I do
But as Little Miss will now
Be in High School
Not sure if she'll want to 
this year.




This is the pledge as posted by Cheryll (pledge icon  on my side bar with Cheryll's blog).for people
taking part in swaps ... I am doing Cheryll's Christmas Santa Sack for the last time .  I have shared
her pledge post ..here it is....


I (insert name) will try my utmost...
·        To always swap on time.
·        To always email a THANK YOU to my partner.
·        To be considerate and thoughtful when choosing a gift.
·        To give my partner the quality of gift that I would like to receive.
·        To communicate when it’s required.
·        To NEVER over commit and let a partner down.
·        To advise the swap mama when I receive my gift.






I think this sums up the fun to be had, the etiquette and the spirit of a swap.







              A WIP...finished 





And another 






These two and another 
Have finally been 
Finished 
I know nothing for weeks

Then ...


And like London buses

You wait and wait and then 3 
Come at once
Will show them 
Made up next time



No 3



These are the last 
Of the Christmas 
Fabrics and trims





No excuse now 
.
.

I am so looking forward 
To get making with 
This little lot




































































The great fire of Nantwich 



Well these two books are what I've been 
reading recently.
One a history book, the other just a coffee table sort of book.
The above is about Nantwich and the sort of book you can pick up and down as you fancy.
I am always torn between crafting 
and reading
the house has been too busy recently to 
"Loose myself in any heavy reading so the 
Above 
And this little pretty 
Have been perfect for that 
In between reading time.






This book was recommended 
by Kimberley
(Creative  chaos nz blog)

It's called "snail mail"
Again a browsing  sort of book 
Good ideas for letter writing
Plus some free stickers


I love books like this
And craft books 
And now they are all nicely 
Together in one bookcase
Great for inspiration 
Looking forward to 
Reading them again.


Well that's all for now 

See you soon
Xxxx




8 comments:

  1. summer seems to have missed us out this year, a positive side is like you have been getting a sorting done and catching up with projects.
    I am sure your daughter will be dressing up this year some parts of them never grow up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your right Dawn, it really has passed us by, unless we have a Indian summer..fingers crossed. I hope little Miss does dress up, I love her in her witches outfit and stripey tights!!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful stitching and projects. I also want to thank you for visiting my blog and for your encouragement. I must admit that my hand is slowly on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Gracie, thank you and you are very welcome. It can get so frustrating I know (I have two dodgy hands from RSI ) but you'll get there honey . Maria xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects Maria, I haven´t had time yet to even think about Haloween, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I love you blog and your beautiful creations too. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great swap pledge! I am sure that you are a wonderful swap partner. Lovely to see all the great things you have been creating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Amy thank you. I love swapping so much, as much as I love blog land. In future I will try to remember to post about any blogs I've found hosting swaps before they close!!!! I have posted the swaps I've done so far which shows both the sent and received goodies if you've haven't seen them before. Maria xx

    ReplyDelete