Pages

Thursday 10 December 2015

Watch out, is Santa watching?

My children although 10 and nearly 12 are well probably half their numerical age in what they understand and believe  ...they believe with all their hearts Santa is looking, reading their letters, mummy is texting Santa when they are cheeky or naughty..santa is always checking magic hidden cameras because he loves them and wants them to be kind...they believe in the magic and kindness and love of Christmas ...so in their hearts they are probably both 6  but they believe in magic, sparkles, being kind, smiling, sharing , is that a bad thing? If only the rest of  us humans had that magic, wouldn't the world be a better place?

I asked my two what Christmas meant ..Little Miss,...... a baby born , being home and lots of fun and oh shiny sparkles and then presents and lovely food
Little Man......no school...playing lots...presents if I have been good  and oh steak!!!! Oh and leaving something for the deer and Santa
 Every year I record their reply and write it down in the planner and every year it changes , not a lot , but it does change.

I am still decorating ...... I had parcels that had to go off this week so the rest of the decorating had to wait... I still have to wrap our family gifts too but all the cards have been posted and I have one last parcel to send but I will do that this weekend.  Later I have to have a rummage for a suitable fabric for the hats I need to make.... I am happily stitching this







Nice to be doing easy sewing ,
no pattern as it is already printed on the fabric
and easy to pick up 
as I fancy without losing 
my place .

I have to line the back of the Christmas panel I stitched.....again need to find the fabric for that too. I may just may continue with the other Christmas quilt but no way will I finish it this year (again!!)

A little basket of knitting ...waiting

Little decorations .. 



A bit of crochet , I needed to make a little Christmas mat, it will be red and white.




A Christmas tree pattern




A easy little knit 
I have run out of filling
and need to pick some up, 
to finish it and 
a couple of other things..




I think the pattern was free on ravelry..



And in the post

Cards and gifts 
The above from Ellie my swap partner 
in a seasons swap 
earlier this year...


My card from Kimberley
..my "Love made my home"
Christmas card exchange
partner


And 


Jacquie "my journey" 
sent me this beautiful
little Christmas pud

This year 
my first doing swaps has been
great.
I have made lots of new 
"Blogging" friends 
I have had such fun and 
swapped with such lovely ladies.



Both children are having Christmas school dinners today....15 days to go and it will be our turn...oh my goodness.......
   Thinking of those poor people in Cumbria .......... and else where  ,  it makes me have a word with myself and get everything in prospective.....  hope this horrid weather stops so no more people have to suffer the loss of their homes, belongings and normality...

See you soon



28 comments:

  1. What LOVELY things you have to craft. Did the first one come from Newcastle Emlyn by any chance? That crochet is so pretty. I have downloaded and printed a beautiful sampler style (Spice of Life) crochet blanket pattern. Heaven knows when I will get to start on it but it should use up some of my wool stash . . .

    You have had some lovely gifts from your swaps too. I did one many years ago, ladies on a forum it was, and I did a tree decoration which took about 3 weeks of stitching (x-stitch) - that went to a lady who is now a very dear friend - like a sister to me - but the name drawn out of the hat to send to me, sent a scrappy wool angel that must have taken all of 5 minutes to tie up and I was so disappointed. I wanted something to treasure and get out every year with happy memories . . . Do I sound grasping? Don't mean to.

    I know you will have a wonderful Christmas and your children will still find the magic in every moment, which must be wonderful.

    Those poor folk who are flooded out will have a different sort of Christmas to us, but I hope it can be made special for them all the same, whichever roof they are under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did indeed come from Cotton Patch, so lovely to do simple, just lovely needle and thread sewing with no time scale, just because I can and oh I do love Angels . What a shame about the swap..I have meet so kind generous ladies, you must of been unlucky, dip your toe in again...don't be put off
      I have met such lovely ladies.

      Delete
  2. The stitching panel is lovely very similar to red brolly designs, they have some lovely easy to stitch panels to do, next year I am doing a lot my hand sewing my list is growing daily :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love REd Brolly and Val Laird too, she has lots of free designs.

      Delete
  3. So.....what are you saying?....there is no magic, no flying reindeer...Santa!? Nice idea to write down the children's comments....I love to do swaps....I would like more through the year when we are less busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dead Gracie, just ignore me he hee !!! so lovely to hear how you DH is doing.xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely things that you have received in your various swaps, so glad that you have had fun with it! I hope that you get some time to enjoy your lovely crafting projects, so many nice things! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit by bit I am getting time to do my crafting...just need a bit more time, looking forward to the holidays.xx

      Delete
  5. you are keeping busy I see xx lol x I am yet to write ANY cards .. must get going as it is about to get VERY busy around here xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swaps are a nice way to meet new bloggers and you received some nice gifts and cards.
    I'm visiting from Amy's card exchange - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too Judith, thank you for popping by

      Delete
  7. I'm visiting from Amy's Christmas card swap. What a lovely card and gifts. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Julie, have a wonderful Christmas

      Delete
  8. Amy had such a good idea! Fun to meet new to us bloggers. I loved the description of your children's thoughts on Christmas. Good mama to be taking note and journaling their responses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love looking back and seeing how they saw this wonderful time of year..happy days, have a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete
  9. Visiting from Amy's. Your children's replies are wonderful and so brilliant that they are still believers, amazing. Beautiful card. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy's card swap has been such fun, what a lovely card.
    What a creative lady you are too, that crocheting looks so neat and tidy, I'm something of a novice so a little jealous ;)

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, I too am very much a novice, self taught by you tube a couple of years ago and still learning. Have a great Christmas

      Delete
  11. You have been busily making so many lovely things for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the items you are creating. And the Christmas card is so lovely. Have a Merry Christmas, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pat, thank you, have a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete
  13. I love that you have written down their responses over the years. What a priceless thing to have done. Gave me goose bumps, just lovely. also your Christmas embroidery looks fab, very Scandinavian to stich in red, so I obviously love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love red and white, (all year really if I get the chance ) . I thought those moments so precious with the children and knew if I didn't record them they would be lost. I love re reading little things they say...after all isn't Christmas supposed to be magical? Have a wonderful Christmas .xx

      Delete
  14. Popping by from Amy's blog. Looks like busy crafting times is your home. Lovely! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love Winnie the Pooh. my fave is Tigger. i just hopped over to see your Christmas card swap from "Amy's at Love Made My Home". hope you are well. that you had a nice Christmas. here's hoping the New Year will be a great one for all. take care. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, wishing you a happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete