Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Twinkle twinkle little star...

Little Miss had her 12th birthday yesterday.....we had such a lovely day and lots of fun.

DH and I once we decided to start a family did not give any thought to when the baby may be born, needless to say when it happened Little Miss was due to be born early January, but, as these things go sometimes, complications happen . When a doctor tells you the baby has to come early and tells you it will be the 23rd December you do not argue.  I have always said I was given my own Christmas Angel and I am sure she was not going to miss out on one more Christmas than she had to!    It was really strange knowing exactly when your baby is going to arrive and pretty much the hour.  We spent the first week of her life in hospital.  Lots of other baby's were being born , obviously other people with our planning skills too.!!! Christmas morning one of the consultants brought his rather large broad (made me laugh as he obviously was in the right line of work...babies) and they all with the nurses sang us a selection of carols...I thought that was a very kind thing to do.

Oh the years like yesterday have whizzed by.   Presents, phone calls, lots of cuddles, board games  was the theme of the day.  We took Little Miss to a restaurant overlooking the sea for lunch and as you do chatted  and laughed and just had a nice time.  It wasn,t busy in the restaurant and so Little Miss was very happy that it wasn't noisey.   We came home, and a little while later .....


I made her cake ,
of course somewhere it had to
be pink
so I used her favourites,
pink smarties 
&
kit kat chocolate
wafers
I got a huge hug for this
and the biggest smile.

Little Miss is my "little star"
She has been so brave
and is 
so kind and loving.
Her favourite nursery rhyme
was always 
"Twinkle twinkle little star"
she has brightened our life
no end...
She is our own little
diamond.

Happy birthday darling
Xxxxxxxx



Today.
Well the tablecloth will be freshly 
re washed and ironed.
Hopefully the stroll to find 
the greenery and holly.
Platters washed ..
finding on the net exactly 
where Santa is
and following his journey.

Later magic reindeer food 
sprinkled on the drive
(additional little food for the birds)

DH
his jobs 
....
cooking the gammon,
relish,
turkey stock,
stuffing,
sausage rolls
cheese straws
mince pies

feeling peckish just writing
about it.

More birthday cake in between

and 



Of course I can!!!
(Years of practice!!)


PLEASE !!!
If he doesn't 
there is going to be 
big trouble

because
(Of course)



So 


Wherever you are ,
From our home to yours 
Have a wonderful Christmas
&
Happy New Year.

22 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and what a sweet birthday cake!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Ingrid, I wish I could send everyone a piece of that cake, oh my.... Have a wonderful Christmas xxx

      Delete
  2. I miss the years with youngsters in the house and the his and hers lists. I am sure that you will have a wonderful day, as wonderful as all the other days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thank you honey , have a great and wonderful Christmas , hope the new year is wonderful for you too. Xx

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to the young lady...and Merry Christmas to you and the family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Gracie, hope Mr H is well and you have a wonderful time.xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Little Miss and Merry Christmas to you all. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to you all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Dawn hope you have a wonderful Christmas, so wonderful for you to have Martin home too.xx

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday to your daughter, she sounds like a very special young lady. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo , my sweet girl has , well words cannot truely describe her...she is my angel...wishing and sending lots of wonderful wishes for you to have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, Happy Birthday for yesterday to Little Miss, I'm sure you all had a wonderful day! I really miss youngsters at Christmas, it is such a special time, and lots of fun...hope you all have a lovey day tomorrow, and by the way, that is an impressive birthday cake!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi xx.. The cake oh I dread to think how we will eat it all, but my angel loved it and well her smile was my reward..xx. Have a great Christmas xx

      Delete
  8. My middle daughter was born on Christmas Eve, which made it Very Special. I was home in time to cook Christmas Lunch . . .

    Glad you had a lovely time - LOVE that cake - and have a FABULOUS Christmas. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jennie you are so right a Christmas baby is very special..wow ...no way could I have done what you did... I take my hat off to you....have the most wonderful Christmas xxx

      Delete
  9. have a WONDERFUL time x AND I hope you like your parcel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too sweetheart, thinking of you and what a wonderful time you must be having...I am so nervous hope you like your parcel xxxx have a wonderful Christmas sweetheart xxx

      Delete
  10. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a fun filled time with your family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Chelsea..have the best Christmas and New Year .xxx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Dear Cath, wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and hope you get time to put your feet up and enjoy.

      Delete