Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

Boo

No you are not imagining it, I am back.

Thank you for all your kind messages .  Life certainly did get in the way and the break I envisaged has been much longer than I planned, but I'm back and that is all that matters.

I thought I would start by giving a little update as to what's going on and what we've been up too.
Little Miss, is not so little any more, she has passed me height wise and I can't believe she will very soon be a teenager.  Her anxiety issues remain and I guess we have just learnt to cope with them as best we can.  Little man too has had a growth spurt and remains the comedian of the house , we are soon going to be making his application for him to attend his sister's unit at high school...time is whizzing by.  DH has been suffering periods of chronic back pain and his arthritis (in many areas) has worsened too.  Walking is limited and he is trying new medication until hopefully he gets the right dosage and some "normality" returns and he is not so housebound.  Last week he managed a tiny walk into Carmarthen to choose some paint with me , but then returned to wait in the car whilst the children and I did the rest of the shop circuit we needed.  Oh and not forgetting Dexter of course.
Dexter has had a birthday , as has little man, since I last posted.  As always he is my shadow , & although only 6 now he seems to be sleeping a little more I've noticed.

Apart from some English paper piecing, sewing amongst other things has been put on the back burner.  My basket of works in progress has not shrunk at all.  At the end of November we have one Christmas fair...this is the only one I have planned this year.  In my little break I found time to really step back and use the time to realise that I needed to step back and "downsize" on the amount of other stuff I kept taking on .  So only one Christmas fair and a break from swapping for a while this year.

My new flower beds have matured beautifully and one will be extended .  Some of the shrubs planted have grown massively so they will be repositioned into the new space when our handyman digs it.  The patio kitchen garden served us really well all summer but is now looking a bit neglected although I still have some cabbage, chard , leeks and herbs going.

My attendance at WI has suffered over the last few months.  We had a long summer break, then a heavy cold , DH being ill and hospital appointments meant I couldn't go.  We do however have a meeting this Wednesday so fingers crossed.





Dexter in the garden 

It has been such a mild Autumn so far, still so
many flowers still blooming 

Until next time ..



27 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your DH hope they manage to establish the medication to enable some pain free days. My husband is having a flare up at the moment and is suffering, he has rheumatoid arthritis. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has several collapsed discs after a accident nearly 30 years ago...just keeps getting worse now he has sciatica and fears are something is pressing on his spinal cord, wide spread arthritis has always made his condition in operable so fingers crossed meds will work xx

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, hope you OH is feeling better soon, its crazy how quickly our children become young adults

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, kids are growing like weeds ๐Ÿ˜‚Xx

      Delete
  4. Good to hear from you again. My very best wishes to you and your dear family. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to read a post by you again Maria. It is mild here also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, how nice to see you (and lovely Dexter) back again xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to hear from you. I hope your husbands meds soon work out and that he can do more again. Hope the application for your son goes well and I hope that you get to WI and get to do some things for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. when life gives us challenges we need to decide just what is most important x BUT remember you being happy and having some fun means that you will "last" the course xx Take time for yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, sweet friend! Long time no talk....I hope you are well and enjoying this delightful month of November :)

    It was truly a joy to visit with you though I was sorry to read about your husband. I sincerely hope the medication works and his pain eases.

    Blessings and joy to you, Maria. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria I wondered where you had got to. Hope OH is okay back pain is a bummer at the best of times - OH was off work with a slipped disc for over a year - okay for the best part now and I have a disc out of alignment. I was sent to a back class which uses pilates exercises to control the bouts of pain. I wonder if it is worth asking your GP if your local hospital do anything like this. It has certainly helped me and also helps ease the pain. Lovely to see you back and I hope little (or not so little) miss is still keeping the sewing going. Take care. Pattypanx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your break has overlapped mine and I hope that everything is as back to as normal as possible. I am slowly catching up with reading through the blog list. Many of us have had some ups and downs but that is just life trundling along. best wishes to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I ever miss this post?!? I hope things are better for you now and you can enjoy some stitching.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria

    Hope everything is ok. Thinking of you. Pattypan xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good day to you all.. I'm here to share my experience to everybody all around the world because I know that someone out there needs this today. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and everything was fine with us that we don't have to fight or quarrel for anything . My girlfriend got a new job and after 2 months of her new job, I noticed some changes in her. Few weeks before my birthday, my girlfriend broke up with me for another man. I never expected such from her. I was in severe pain and needed help urgently. I searched for help online and found Lord Zakuza who is a spell caster. I told him everything I was going through and he understood me well. He told me that he will prepare a love spell for me that will get my girlfriend back within 48 hours and he explained to me how it was going to be done and I agreed. He prepared the love spell for me and my girlfriend returned back to me begging me for forgiveness within 48 hours. I was shocked and happy and I accepted her back.. We are back together and everything is going fine. I want to thank Lord Zakuza for his help by sharing this testimony online for other people to find help too in any area of their lives. Get in touch with him with the below details. For he's good at what he does.

    WhatsApp/Call/Text +1 (740) 573-9483.
    Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete