Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

When is the right time to tell....


When I started my little blog I didn,t think I could figure it all out and the greatest surprise was I did and  created it and love it very much.   I had a huge dilemma , one I thought about and just couldn't  decide upon until this post. I wrote my profile and yet something was missing.

When you write your profile it is a glimpse about you. I love reading profiles.  However when I wrote my profile I left a very major part about my children out ...both my children have Autism and it does at times fill a huge part of our lives.  I didn,t share before because some blogs that mention Autism (ASD) always make it seem the worst condition, that every day is another trial another obstacle to cross.  I suppose it can be at times. We have had more than our fair share of ups and downs ...
But for us ASD means different things for different people. Each case of ASD is different ...
but my children are children first, as beautiful as any child, funny, cheeky, wicked , love a trick as much as anyone and yes their world confuses, upsets and does not alway turn out as they like all the time, but they are ours and I know them no different..I am their mum and they mean the world to me and my husband .  I do not feel everyday is a trial or think that every day is hard ......I just enjoy my children  for them, unique as any child is , special because they are ours, and blessed because  somehow, somewhere there was a plan that they would be our daughter and son
we didn,t or couldn,t choose............ 
  we take each day at a time......
We love them like any parent, grandparent, aunty, uncle, family friend does, and from time to time I will share those moments that I hope you will enjoy reading about it too....

I wondered  if I should mention their condition and thought about it long and hard . I spoke to friends with and without ASD kids and they all agreed ...SHARE..... I do not intend to make every or every
other post one about my children, but sometimes they say or do the funniest things and I would so
like to share that with you if you would like me too.  Sometimes what they do and say takes my breathe away, I know they see their world so differently at times .  I wanted my blog to show a glimpse of my life and to avoid including ASD would not show me as the person I am or my family.  
So I hope you understand why I have waited until now .........




                        See you soon
                                 xxxxxx

19 comments:

  1. I am glad you have shared, its not easy deciding what to say or not to on a blog, this is something that must have been on your mind, now its not you can get on with enjoying blog land, I made up my mind what I would and wouldnt talk about on my blog a long time ago, there are things I dont talk about like family stuff because that is not what my blog is about, yours is family orientated, Sol used to work with a child with autism, I find it all very interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Labs are so good natured bet Sol was great. I am looking forward to sharing some funny stories. Maria xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your family with us all... It is hard to decide what to share and what not not share. I personally share me! And everything that comes with me! Good and bad! Ha ha take me or leave me!! Ha ha I do have blogger friends that only post about their hobbies and nothing else.. Then I have other blogger friends that share everything. I think it's what your comfortable with...
    I have SpLD's, specific learning difficulties, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and I too am on the autism spectrum. Many of my blogging friends know how I struggle with things daily. For me I post about me as its a release too...somewhere to write and remember things too! I love to keep busy with my hands no often get side tracked, so I post about what I am making or stitching..I guess keeps me focused too!
    No matter what you post or how often you post people will visit your blog, the blogging community is amazing and ever so friendly too. It's another way of sharing you and your life... We can get to know you better :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.... You are so write the blogging community is fab. I decided to share as well, life is full of adventures and most of my adventures involve my children .

      Delete
    2. Sorry I wanted to thank you too but having a bit if bother with blogger at the moment. Maria xx

      Delete
  3. It is your blog, you make the decision to post or not to post. I do not have a problem if someone posts more than stitching. I feel if the topic is not what I would like to read, then I simply pass it. I care about my blogger friends. Share whatever you want. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Maria,

    Share what you are comfortable with.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria. I'm glad you chose to share this. As you know Lily has ASD and I love her just the same as my others They do say some of the funniest things.
    Yes sometimes you could pull your hair out with frustration but isn't that the same with all children.
    I look forward to reading your posts. So thanks for sharing. Hugs Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, I just other's to see the other side of ASD, not just the difficult bits, I know you understand that like I do. Maria xxx

      Delete
  6. It is something that I struggle with too, the balance of what to say and what not to. Remember, it is always up to you. I applaud you for sharing this part of your life, by sharing I think that we help others to realise that they are not alone in the things happening in their lives and it also makes us feel less alone in our own. Good on you for making this decision! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amy, ,thank you..knew you would understand....we have such funny times when they just tell it like it is...very refreshing in this world. Maria xx

      Delete
  7. Hear! Hear! Fair play to you Maria :)
    It is your blog afterall, your little space on the cyberspace, so you should write about what YOU want x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are comfortable to share then please do, we can all learn about your children and know something of their lives. I share some family on my blog, I think it make my dull life just a bit more readable. I like others who have commented above look forward to getting to know your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote that post because there are so many ASD kids and adults out there, many undiagnosed....and well thank you
      Now I feel I can post more freely and share a little bit more of our lives here....Maria xx

      Delete
  9. Share, this way you blog family can support and help you.

    ReplyDelete